IRELAND: Bulmers sales staff face redundancy after C&C Group's Gleeson deal
A "number" of staff will lose their job as a result of the integration
C&C Group has confirmed a shake-up of its Bulmers sales staff in Ireland that will involve "a number of redundancies".
The reorganisation is happening due to the "integration" of Bulmers sales force with staff from the Gleeson Group, which C&C acquired in March. Around 70 commercial staff currently work on the cider brand in Ireland, with around 25 of these based in Clonmel, South Tipperary.
Some Bulmers employees will transfer to Gleesons. However, a C&C spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks: "There will be a number of redundancies as a result of this transfer. No number has been specified as of yet." Affected employees are currently in a consultation period.
The spokesperson added: "The integration is necessary to safeguard and protect as many jobs as possible in the enlarged group following the acquisition of Gleesons, which has more than trebled C&C’s workforce in Ireland."
The company also denied speculation that it plans to shut its Bulmers site in Clonmel.
Last month, C&C reported a drop in full-year net profits as group sales came in flat.
Back in September, Portuguese wine producer Esporao celebrated its 40th anniversary. But, while the Alentejo-based firm is proud of its history, the company is transforming itself into a progressive o...
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020