GLOBAL: Budweiser fends off Heineken, Corona challenge
FIFA World Cup helped Budweiser to grow in value
Budweiser remains the most valuable alcoholic drinks brand in the world after the self-styled 'King of Beers' fended off challenges from Heineken and Corona Extra, according to consultancy group Interbrand.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's Budweiser has risen in value by 4% in the last year to retain its place at number 30 in Interbrand's top100 global brands. Budweiser was the highest ranked alcoholic drinks brand, with a value of US$12.25bn.
Budweiser was forced to share the limelight with Heineken and Grupo Modelo-owned Corona Extra, which both featured in this year's top 100 after missing out in 2009. In the rankings, published late last week, Corona Extra took 85th position with a value of $3.8bn. Heineken bagged 93rd place with a value of $3.5bn.
However, neither the Heineken nor Corona Extra brands have increased in value over the last year, suggesting that their rise up the rankings has more to do with the misfortune of others.
LVMH's Moet & Chandon Champagne was the third-highest ranked alcoholic drinks brand, at 79, having risen in value by 7% over the last 12 months. Brown-Forman's Jack Daniel's whiskey took 78th place and was valued at $4.036bn, just GBP15m more than Moet.
Coca-Cola retained its title as the world's most valuable brand for the tenth year.
For the full list, click here.
The Public Health Responsibility Deal, unveiled by the UK government today, underlines its commitment to voluntary company-led measures to tackle alcohol-related problems. However, Ben Cooper believes...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets