US: Brown-Forman unveils Woodford Reserve Kentucky Derby bottle
Woodford Reserve Kentucky Derby special edition
Brown-Forman is launching a commemorative bottle of its Woodford rReserve brand for 2010 Kentucky Derby.
The 2010 bottle features the work of Louisville-based artist Jeaneen Barnhart.
Barnhart's work depicts Kentucky Derby racehorses as they race toward the finish line. The artist's signature adorns the neck of the bottle, and an attached neck tag bears information about the artist and product.
The limited edition litre-size bottle will be available in early April in 42 US states at a suggested retail price of US$42.99.
"As a proud supporter of horse racing, it is fitting that Woodford Reserve has been selected once again as the ‘Official Bourbon of the Kentucky Derby,' America's most prestigious horse race," said Laura Petry, Woodford Reserve brand manager.
Consumers can also enter into Woodford Reserve's Kentucky Derby Sweepstakes with a chance to win a VIP trip to the 2011 Kentucky Derby.
It is the twelfth year in a row Woodford Reserve Bourbon has been selected as the "Official Bourbon of Kentucky Derby." It also sponsors a Grade I race, the Woodford Reserve Turf Classic, which is run on Derby Day, 1 May 2010.
Brown-Forman has lined up a television advertising push in the US for the lime-flavoured RTD variant of its Southern Comfort brand....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets