US: Brown-Forman unveils Woodford Reserve Kentucky Derby bottle
Woodford Reserve Kentucky Derby special edition
Brown-Forman is launching a commemorative bottle of its Woodford rReserve brand for 2010 Kentucky Derby.
The 2010 bottle features the work of Louisville-based artist Jeaneen Barnhart.
Barnhart's work depicts Kentucky Derby racehorses as they race toward the finish line. The artist's signature adorns the neck of the bottle, and an attached neck tag bears information about the artist and product.
The limited edition litre-size bottle will be available in early April in 42 US states at a suggested retail price of US$42.99.
"As a proud supporter of horse racing, it is fitting that Woodford Reserve has been selected once again as the ‘Official Bourbon of the Kentucky Derby,' America's most prestigious horse race," said Laura Petry, Woodford Reserve brand manager.
Consumers can also enter into Woodford Reserve's Kentucky Derby Sweepstakes with a chance to win a VIP trip to the 2011 Kentucky Derby.
It is the twelfth year in a row Woodford Reserve Bourbon has been selected as the "Official Bourbon of Kentucky Derby." It also sponsors a Grade I race, the Woodford Reserve Turf Classic, which is run on Derby Day, 1 May 2010.
Brown-Forman has lined up a television advertising push in the US for the lime-flavoured RTD variant of its Southern Comfort brand....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015