US: Brown-Forman unveils Woodford Reserve Kentucky Derby bottle
Woodford Reserve Kentucky Derby special edition
Brown-Forman is launching a commemorative bottle of its Woodford rReserve brand for 2010 Kentucky Derby.
The 2010 bottle features the work of Louisville-based artist Jeaneen Barnhart.
Barnhart's work depicts Kentucky Derby racehorses as they race toward the finish line. The artist's signature adorns the neck of the bottle, and an attached neck tag bears information about the artist and product.
The limited edition litre-size bottle will be available in early April in 42 US states at a suggested retail price of US$42.99.
"As a proud supporter of horse racing, it is fitting that Woodford Reserve has been selected once again as the ‘Official Bourbon of the Kentucky Derby,' America's most prestigious horse race," said Laura Petry, Woodford Reserve brand manager.
Consumers can also enter into Woodford Reserve's Kentucky Derby Sweepstakes with a chance to win a VIP trip to the 2011 Kentucky Derby.
It is the twelfth year in a row Woodford Reserve Bourbon has been selected as the "Official Bourbon of Kentucky Derby." It also sponsors a Grade I race, the Woodford Reserve Turf Classic, which is run on Derby Day, 1 May 2010.
Brown-Forman has lined up a television advertising push in the US for the lime-flavoured RTD variant of its Southern Comfort brand....
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India