US: Brown-Forman to issue 2-for-1 stock split
Brown-Forman has received stockholder approval to split its stock 2-for-1. The corporation announced yesterday that stockholders have approved an amendment to its charter which will allow it to increase the authorised Class A common stock from 30m to 57m shares and the Class B common stock from 60m to 100m shares.
The charter amendment will permit the corporation to pay the 2-for-1 stock split in the form of a stock dividend to its stockholders in the form of a stock dividend. Qualifying stockholders must be on record as of the close of business on 12 January this year.
Certificates representing the new shares are expected to be mailed to stockholders on 20 January, with the share price being adjusted accordingly at the beginning of trading on 21 January. The common stock par value remains unchanged at US$0.15 per share.
Among Brown-Forman's products are Jack Daniels, Southern Comfort, Finlandia vodka and Korbel California Champagnes. Brown-Forman is also one of the companies named in the pending lawsuit in the US accusing many firms of targeting underage drinkers.
Brown-Forman has signed its first Southern Hemisphere wine....
Brown-Forman has announced the next step in its succession plan....
US wine and spirits group, Brown-Forman, has announced a quarterly cash dividend of 24.50 cents per share on Class A and Class B Common Stock, following a board meeting....
Brown-Forman has reported earnings growth of 21% for its fiscal year to 30 April....
The US wines and spirits company, Brown-Forman, has launched its vodka brand, Finlandia, in India. Along with the core brand, three flavoured versions of Finlandia are also to be made available on the...
A bidding war for Allied Domecq looks more likely after Constellation Brands confirmed yesterday that it has approached the Bristol-based spirits company about launching a bid to rival that of Pernod ...
The likelihood of Pernod Ricard remaining the sole bidder for Allied Domecq has reduced over the last two days....
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Minimum unit pricing fails to get European backing
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research