US: Brown-Forman takes Southern Comfort Lime to US TV
The company, which launched Southern Comfort Lime in May, said today (13 September) that the ad marks Southern Comfort's return to television screens in the country in almost two years. The first ad will debut this evening at 1720 EDT during SportsCenter on ESPN2, with the 15-second spot – which appears below - set to run until December on sports, entertainment and comedy channels, including ESPN, ESPN2, Comedy Central, E!, USA Network, TBS, Discovery, FX and Spike.
“Southern Comfort ... is now transitioning from last year’s very targeted 100% digital media to going back on TV to drive overall brand awareness,” said Campbell Brown, VP, director of the Americas for Southern Comfort.
The campaign will also be supported with a digital buy on programming including The Office and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on NBCU, brightroll placement on networks including ESPN and Spike, and on Facebook. Off-premise promotional elements will feature clings of gator prints and the tail, barrel coolers, shelf talkers, neons, ceiling danglers and hangtags.
Southern Comfort Lime is available in the US off-trade for around US$16.99 per 75cl bottle.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research