US: Brown-Forman takes Southern Comfort Lime to US TV
The company, which launched Southern Comfort Lime in May, said today (13 September) that the ad marks Southern Comfort's return to television screens in the country in almost two years. The first ad will debut this evening at 1720 EDT during SportsCenter on ESPN2, with the 15-second spot – which appears below - set to run until December on sports, entertainment and comedy channels, including ESPN, ESPN2, Comedy Central, E!, USA Network, TBS, Discovery, FX and Spike.
“Southern Comfort ... is now transitioning from last year’s very targeted 100% digital media to going back on TV to drive overall brand awareness,” said Campbell Brown, VP, director of the Americas for Southern Comfort.
The campaign will also be supported with a digital buy on programming including The Office and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on NBCU, brightroll placement on networks including ESPN and Spike, and on Facebook. Off-premise promotional elements will feature clings of gator prints and the tail, barrel coolers, shelf talkers, neons, ceiling danglers and hangtags.
Southern Comfort Lime is available in the US off-trade for around US$16.99 per 75cl bottle.
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015