US: Brown-Forman spirits offset poor wine sales
The US drinks producer Brown-Forman today said its third quarter earnings per share were up 22% as performances from spirits brands Southern Comfort and Jack Daniel's offset a "substantial drop in earnings" for its wine division. Earnings per share for the quarter ended January 31, 2003 were US$1.02 or $0.18 per share. Adjusted for business improvement costs, earnings for the quarter improved US$0.14 per share, or 16%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Minimum unit pricing fails to get European backing
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review