US: Brown-Forman spirits offset poor wine sales
The US drinks producer Brown-Forman today said its third quarter earnings per share were up 22% as performances from spirits brands Southern Comfort and Jack Daniel's offset a "substantial drop in earnings" for its wine division. Earnings per share for the quarter ended January 31, 2003 were US$1.02 or $0.18 per share. Adjusted for business improvement costs, earnings for the quarter improved US$0.14 per share, or 16%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends