US: Brown-Forman spirits offset poor wine sales
The US drinks producer Brown-Forman today said its third quarter earnings per share were up 22% as performances from spirits brands Southern Comfort and Jack Daniel's offset a "substantial drop in earnings" for its wine division. Earnings per share for the quarter ended January 31, 2003 were US$1.02 or $0.18 per share. Adjusted for business improvement costs, earnings for the quarter improved US$0.14 per share, or 16%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014