US: Brown-Forman plans new cooperage to cope with Jack Daniel's demand
Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey was launched in the US last spring and the UK last month
Brown-Forman is planning to double its whiskey barrel-making capacity by opening a new facility in Alabama.
The company said that construction of its second cooperage, which will be in use by May 2014, will be to meet "growing worldwide demand" for its flagship brand Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey. The new facility will eventually employ around 200 workers, the company said yesterday (14 June).
“Making a quality barrel is essential to making a quality whiskey, and this facility will help ensure we hold true to Mr. Jack Daniel's guiding words that 'every day we make it, we'll make it the best we can'," said Jeff Arnett, Jack Daniel's master distiller.
Jill Jones, Brown-Forman's executive VP & chief production officer, added: “With the continued long-term growth of the Jack Daniel's family of brands, including the recent introduction and unprecedented success of Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey, we are expanding to meet anticipated growing production demand."
Brown-Forman's other cooperage is in Louisiville, Kentucky.
Brown-Forman has released details of a US$750m note issuance to fund its recently-announced special dividend payment....
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research