US: Brown-Forman plans new cooperage to cope with Jack Daniel's demand
Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey was launched in the US last spring and the UK last month
Brown-Forman is planning to double its whiskey barrel-making capacity by opening a new facility in Alabama.
The company said that construction of its second cooperage, which will be in use by May 2014, will be to meet "growing worldwide demand" for its flagship brand Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey. The new facility will eventually employ around 200 workers, the company said yesterday (14 June).
“Making a quality barrel is essential to making a quality whiskey, and this facility will help ensure we hold true to Mr. Jack Daniel's guiding words that 'every day we make it, we'll make it the best we can'," said Jeff Arnett, Jack Daniel's master distiller.
Jill Jones, Brown-Forman's executive VP & chief production officer, added: “With the continued long-term growth of the Jack Daniel's family of brands, including the recent introduction and unprecedented success of Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey, we are expanding to meet anticipated growing production demand."
Brown-Forman's other cooperage is in Louisiville, Kentucky.
Brown-Forman has released details of a US$750m note issuance to fund its recently-announced special dividend payment....
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer