US: Brown-Forman likely to be "more acquisitive" - analyst
Brown-Forman is expected to make more acquisitions in the next 12 months, but on a "moderate scale"
Brown-Forman is likely to acquire more brands in the coming financial year, but on a "moderate scale", an analyst has predicted.
In a note, analysts Normura said that with net debt "likely to disappear" for the US-based spirits firm this financial year, it expects the company to be "more acquisitive". "In theory, leveraging up to 2.5x net debt/EBITA could justify up to US$3bn of firepower," the note said. "However, we would expect smaller specific brand or country deals."
Earlier this week, Brown-Forman reported a healthy lift in net sales and underlying profits, but net profits slipped 10% to US$513.2m.
Normura also predicted that Brown-Forman's top-line momentum would be "sustainable".
"For FY13 we continue to model high single digit increases in sales, boosted by the further roll-out of Tennessee Honey both internationally and into US ontrade; with better pricing and the loss of the low-margin wine agency, we estimate 90bp increase in margin," the note added.
A new trade body representing spirits producers in Europe has been established following the merger of the European Spirits Organisation (CEPS) and the European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD). ...
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly