US: Brown-Forman launches online forum
Brown-Forman today (18 August) launched an online 'issues' forum as part of its corporate responsibility initiative.
The 'our thinking about drinking' (http://www.ourthinkingaboutdrinking.com) forum is an online resource where visitors can find research and learn about "important alcohol-related issues", the company said.
Jim Bareuther, executive vice president global business development, said the forum is the next step in the company's leadership in "responsibility-focused efforts".
"Deciding to be transparent about the company's positions requires us to seek balanced information, feedback, and insights on an ongoing basis - a practice that we hope will help inform our employees, business partners, and other stakeholders.
"It is an opportunity for us - and for all interested parties - to contribute to the ongoing dialogue and discussion about the role of alcohol in society and how to curtail abuse and promote responsible consumption."
The forum covers five categories: Youth & Alcohol, Drinking & Driving, Alcohol & Health, Overconsumption and Marketing & Access, and invites experts to share their insights, research, and opinions on the topics.
Last week, Brown-Forman launched Jack Daniel's & Cola in a can. The 330ml cans have an abv of 6% (equivalent to a 50ml serve of Jack Daniel's) and are available to retailers in trays of 12 single cans and four packs.
Jack Daniel's whiskey owner Brown-Forman lifted its full-year profits guidance on Tuesday (8 December), exceeding expectations and moving analysts to raise their fair value estimate on the firm. Miche...
As the decade draws to a close and just-drinks reflects on its first ten years of publication, our editorial team picks the ten stories that defined the noughties for the drinks industry and shaped ou...
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- Diageo job cut figures "likely overstated"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends