US: Brown-Forman gets ratings boost
Brown-Forman has received a ratings boost from an analyst in the US.
The company, which owns brands including Jack Daniel's whisky and Fetzer wine, saw its shares climb on Friday (8 December) after an analyst at HSBC upgraded the company's shares to 'overweight' from 'neutral'.
Analyst Lauren Torres said the fundamentals behind the Brown-Forman business are solid. "Brown-Forman continues to exhibit core brand strength, gain traction outside the US, and invest behind its brands, while adding premium brands to its portfolio through acquisitions and alliances," Torres said.
Torres also praised Brown-Forman's recent acquisition of Tequila brand Herradura. "We believe that Brown-Forman needed a premium tequila brand in this fast-growing category," Torres said.
At the close of trading on Friday, Brown-Forman shares had risen by US$0.87 to $68.75 on the New York Stock Exchange.
Double digit growth of the company's leading spirits brands helped Brown-Forman Corporation report record earnings for its full year....
Blended Scotch whisky producers are banking on emerging markets to provide the growth to offset flat or declining sales elsewhere but a new report from just-drinks suggests this cannot be expected as ...
It may not be as well known as Scotch or bourbon but Japanese whisky is winning plaudits for quality and gaining ground internationally. Marcin Miller believes the growing popularity of Japanese cuisi...
Anheuser-Busch has confirmed plans to distribute Margaritaville Tequila in the US state of Massachusetts....
Central European Distribution Corporation has lined up a distribution agreement in Poland....
Heaven Hill Distilleries has acquired the Mohawk domestic distilled spirits portfolio in the US....
Brown-Forman has confirmed details of its next quarterly dividend....
Bacardi Brown-Forman Brands (BBFB) is launching the premium Tequila brand Cazadores in the UK on-trade this month....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends