US: Brown-Forman eyes World Cup with themed El Jimador bottles
The bottles feature the US and Mexican national team badges
Brown-Forman has launched football-themed packaging for its El Jimador Tequila brand in the US ahead of Thursday's opening game of the FIFA World Cup.
The company said on Friday (June 6) a new campaign for the brand will include limited-edition Blanco and Reposado expressions bottled in the colours of the US and Mexican national football teams. El Jimador is the official Tequila sponsor of the US national team and the annual US tour of the Mexican national team.
As well as the new bottles, the "Take Home the Spirit" push will feature social media and in-store promotions and prize giveaways through the location-based social networking website Foursquare. The Foursquare partnership also gives consumers info on where to watch the World Cup in 14 US cities.
The limited-edition packaging follows a redesign of El Jimador's regular bottle, announced in November.
Brown-Forman is among the leading forces in the advancing whiskies category while the iconic Jack Daniel’s brand secures the company an enviable place in the booming bourbon segment. This report exami...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
Earlier today, Brown-Forman posted its Q4 and FY results. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by region and by brand in the 12 months to the end of April....
Spirits in Portugal industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contai...
Late yesterday, Brown-Forman announced its entry into the Irish whiskey category through the purchase of Slane Castle Irish Whiskey Ltd...
Spirits in New Zealand industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also con...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends