US: Brown-Forman exec retires
The head of Brown-Forman's spirits operations in Europe, Africa and Eurasia is to retire at the end of May.
Andrew Smith has decided to leave the US wine and spirits giant after 16 years at the company and plans to focus on philanthropic causes, and possibly serve as a non-executive director on a corporate board, Brown-Forman said yesterday (25 April).
Brown-Forman CEO Paul Varga said: "It is not an exaggeration to say that Andrew Smith is one of the key executive leaders responsible for leading Brown-Forman's remarkable international growth over the last 12 years. All of us at Brown-Forman extend our sincere thanks to Andrew for his many contributions and wish him well in the next phase of his life."
Smith joined Brown-Forman in 1990 as vice president and marketing director for Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. When Brown-Forman Beverages Worldwide was created in 1994, he was appointed to lead its core markets, leading to his current post by 2001.
The company, which owns brands including Jack Daniel's and Southern Comfort, said that a successor to Smith would be named in the near future.
The rum market may be dominated by white rum - and by one brand in particular - but Larry Watson, managing director, distribution division, at Jamaican rum producer, J Wray & Nephew, believes there is...
Rémy Cointreau is not in talks to sell a stake to US rival Brown-Forman, according to the chairman of the holding firm that controls the French drinks giant....
At its AGM yesterday (28 July), chairman of Brown-Forman, Owsley Brown II, told shareholders that the company was enjoying a very strong start to the 2006 fiscal year....
Brown-Forman and LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton have concluded the contracts through which Brown-Forman acts as the US importer of the Glenmorangie brands....
Brown-Forman believes it is well-poised for the future....
Brown-Forman has restructured its winemaking team....
Standard & Poor's has taken a closer look at Brown-Forman and removed its ratings from CreditWatch with negative implications....
Brown-Forman has signed its first Southern Hemisphere wine....
- Winners & losers of AB InBev's SABMiller takeover
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- How big is MegaBrew? ABI/SAB market share, brands
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report