USA: Brown-Forman Earnings Up 11%
Brown-Forman Corporation (NYSE: BF) today reported record results for the quarter ended July 31, 2000. Net income and earnings per share rose 11% for the period, fueled by 10% growth in gross profit. First quarter operating income grew 9%.Accelerating rates of growth for gross profit and operating income reflected positive consumer trends for Brown-Forman's premium brands, as well as the benefit of currency hedging transactions. The company's first quarter hedging position was increased substantially in anticipation of overseas investments, including the acquisition of equity stakes for Finlandia Vodka and Glenmorangie Single Malt Scotch Whiskies. Hedging gains for the period more than offset the negative impact of translating weaker foreign currencies into U.S. dollars.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends