USA: Brown-Forman Earnings Up 11%
Brown-Forman Corporation (NYSE: BF) today reported record results for the quarter ended July 31, 2000. Net income and earnings per share rose 11% for the period, fueled by 10% growth in gross profit. First quarter operating income grew 9%.Accelerating rates of growth for gross profit and operating income reflected positive consumer trends for Brown-Forman's premium brands, as well as the benefit of currency hedging transactions. The company's first quarter hedging position was increased substantially in anticipation of overseas investments, including the acquisition of equity stakes for Finlandia Vodka and Glenmorangie Single Malt Scotch Whiskies. Hedging gains for the period more than offset the negative impact of translating weaker foreign currencies into U.S. dollars.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research