USA: Brown-Forman Earnings Up 11%
Brown-Forman Corporation (NYSE: BF) today reported record results for the quarter ended July 31, 2000. Net income and earnings per share rose 11% for the period, fueled by 10% growth in gross profit. First quarter operating income grew 9%.Accelerating rates of growth for gross profit and operating income reflected positive consumer trends for Brown-Forman's premium brands, as well as the benefit of currency hedging transactions. The company's first quarter hedging position was increased substantially in anticipation of overseas investments, including the acquisition of equity stakes for Finlandia Vodka and Glenmorangie Single Malt Scotch Whiskies. Hedging gains for the period more than offset the negative impact of translating weaker foreign currencies into U.S. dollars.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research