USA: Brown-Forman Corporation Announces Successful Closing of Finlandia Vodka Acquisition
Brown-Forman Corporation (NYSE: BF) announced today it has successfully closed the acquisition of 45% of the common stock of Finlandia Vodka Worldwide Ltd (FVW), a joint venture between Brown-Forman and the Altia Group Ltd of Finland. Finlandia Vodka Worldwide is the owner of Finlandia Vodka, a premium Finnish vodka sold in more than 75 countries around the world.In June, Brown-Forman Corporation and Altia Group announced the formation of a global alliance to market and sell Finlandia Vodka. Altia transferred the Finlandia trademark and marketing and distribution assets to Finlandia Vodka Worldwide Ltd (FVW), now owned 55% by Altia and 45% by Brown-Forman. Brown-Forman now serves as Finlandia's distributor or representative in all markets other than Finland and the Nordic countries, the Baltic States, the Czech Republic and Poland. Brown-Forman had been Finlandia's distributor in the United States since 1996.Brown-Forman Corporation is a diversified producer and marketer of fine quality consumer products, including Jack Daniel's, Canadian Mist, Southern Comfort, Fetzer and Bolla Wines, Korbel California Champagnes, Lenox, Dansk, and Gorham tableware and giftware, and Hartmann Luggage.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends