US: Brown-Forman appoints new CFO to take reins in February
Brown-Forman will have a new CFO from February
Brown-Forman will have a new CFO from February next year as Don Berg is retiring from the group.
Berg, who has been with the company for 25 years, will officially step down on 30 April, the end of its financial year, the group announced today (22 November). He will be replaced by Jane Morreau, currently the firm's chief production officer.
However, Berg will hand over his duties on 31 January to Morreau to ensure an “orderly transition”, the company said. Morreau, who has been with Brown-Forman for 22 years, will also succeed Berg as executive VP.
"With over 20 years of business and financial experience at Brown-Forman, Jane is well prepared to become our new CFO," said Paul Varga, the group's CEO.
Morreau's successor as chief production officer will be announced in the "near future", the company said.
It looks like 2014 is shaping up to be the year of surprises in the spirits industry. First up, in January, we saw Beam Inc head in a direction that few of us foresaw. Then, today, Whyte & Mackay has ...
Through much of the review period, Brown-Forman has struggled for growth. However, in 2012 its rate of growth picked up as the early results of its 10-year plan, announced in 2010, started to show as ...
Over the last 10 years RTD's as a category may not have grown at anywhere near the level it did between 1998 and 2003 but it has, nevertheless enjoyed steady global growth. This reality flies in the f...
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
Russian investor Roustam Tariko, the owner of Russian Standard, gained full control of CEDC in April 2013. The new owner is expected to focus more on the Russian market. This, in turn, could mean less...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report