US: Brown-Forman appoints new CFO to take reins in February
Brown-Forman will have a new CFO from February
Brown-Forman will have a new CFO from February next year as Don Berg is retiring from the group.
Berg, who has been with the company for 25 years, will officially step down on 30 April, the end of its financial year, the group announced today (22 November). He will be replaced by Jane Morreau, currently the firm's chief production officer.
However, Berg will hand over his duties on 31 January to Morreau to ensure an “orderly transition”, the company said. Morreau, who has been with Brown-Forman for 22 years, will also succeed Berg as executive VP.
"With over 20 years of business and financial experience at Brown-Forman, Jane is well prepared to become our new CFO," said Paul Varga, the group's CEO.
Morreau's successor as chief production officer will be announced in the "near future", the company said.
It looks like 2014 is shaping up to be the year of surprises in the spirits industry. First up, in January, we saw Beam Inc head in a direction that few of us foresaw. Then, today, Whyte & Mackay has ...
First Beverage Group, a private equity and financial advisory firm, has appointed a former Brown-Forman COO as the chairman of its board. ...
Mast-Jägermeister is to take its UK distribution JV in-house....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends