Product Launch - GLOBAL: Brothers Drinks Co’s Perro Loco
Click through to view an image of the product
Brothers Drinks Co’s Perro Loco
Category - Cider, Tequila-flavoured, 5.5% abv
Available - From 4 November
Location - Available to order by retailers "worldwide". No announcement on confirmed orders
Price - In UK, RRP for off-trade - GBP1.79 (US$2.90) per 33cl bottle; on-trade - GBP3 per 33cl bottle
Distribution - Brothers Drinks Co
Family-owned drinks company Brothers is launching a Tequila-flavoured cider next week.
Perro Loco, which is Spanish for ‘mad dog’, is a 5.5% cider aimed at 18-34 year-olds. It is described as being "cut with lemon and Tequila flavour with added agave nectar 'cactus syrup'".
Brothers suggests the drink should be served with a slice of lime in the neck of the bottle.
“Increasingly consumers are bored with lager, RTDs and even just plain old apple and pear cider,” said Brothers’ consumers marketing marketing manager Cheryl Sheppard. “They are also demanding more than just another fruit flavoured cider.”
Earlier this year, Brothers revamped the packaging for its namesake cider brand, which originally launched five years ago.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research