UK: Britvic warns of restructure changes, stays silent over job losses
Britvic is facing a period of transition
Britvic has confirmed it is considering further structural changes to its business, but declined to comment on reports of potential job losses among its UK sales force.
In May, the soft drinks group announced that it is planning to close three factories and merge its UK and Ireland units, with up to 400 jobs cuts expected. UK retail trade magazine The Grocer reported on Saturday (28 September), that the company is also looking at a shake-up of its GB sales force, which could see a headcount reduction of a third.
In a statement to just-drinks today, the company said: “There are a number of other proposed changes that we are considering, but it would not be appropriate to comment on these until our employees have been properly engaged, and we have made our final decisions.”
A company spokeperson later confirmed that the company is moving from three sales units – grocery, impulse and leisure – to 'At Home' and 'Out of Home'.
In July, Britvic promoted Paul Graham to the newly-created role of GB general manager. Graham is reported to be overseeing the changes.
Ahead of the Oscars, due to be handed out in just over a month's time, Richard Corbett has some gongs of his own to hand out. In recognition of the best new soft drinks products in 2013, who will win ...
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends