UK: Britvic speaks out over merger rejection
The proposed tie-up has collapsed
The Robinsons and Tango producer revealed in a stock market filing that Barr's new proposed merger ratio was 65/35 in favour of Britvic. But the Hertfordshire-headquartered group said this "represented only a small improvement on the previous terms" and was "at a considerable discount to the current market capitalisation ratios of the two companies".
The filing added: "The board of Britvic therefore rejected the proposal and has agreed with AG Barr to terminate discussions."
Gerald Corbett, Britvic's chairman, said: "We wish Barr and its management team well. They are good people with a fine business."
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2013....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2013....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts