UK: Britvic launch - a soft drink "with an edge"
The UK's leading on-trade soft drinks company Britvic has widened the appeal of cranberry with the launch of its "adult tasting" fruit drink, Ruby's.In a market where soft drink consumption is on the increase, Britvic says Cranberry juice has jumped into the adult repertoire over the last three years with a 66% year-on-year growth in retail value. Available in three flavours, Cranberry & Raspberry, Cranberry & Blueberry and Cranberry & Orange, the Ruby's drinks have no artificial sweeteners, colours and preservatives and are designed to be served chilled or as a mixer "with an edge."According to Britvic Ruby's are lightly carbonated with combined flavours in order to create an interesting and soft drink aimed at 18- to 40-year-old pub and club goers and trials have proven extremely successful across all ages and social groups."We understand the need to fulfil the demands of both consumer and customer in a rapidly changing on-trade market, led by females, the young, the family, the car and food," said Britvic's customer marketing controller for on-premise, Andrew Broadhurst.Ruby's retails at £1.35 in a 275ml bottle.Sarah Diston
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Scotch's Battle with Age
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Research - Cider/Perry: Adapts, Evolves & Grows
- Pernod Ricard to up focus on consumers - CEO
- Diageo creates USL unit to oversee own brands
- Diageo to close Maryland bottling site
- A-B InBev GSA head in drink-driving crash
- Pernod Ricard on US starting blocks with Havanista
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review