UK: Britvic launch - a soft drink "with an edge"
The UK's leading on-trade soft drinks company Britvic has widened the appeal of cranberry with the launch of its "adult tasting" fruit drink, Ruby's.In a market where soft drink consumption is on the increase, Britvic says Cranberry juice has jumped into the adult repertoire over the last three years with a 66% year-on-year growth in retail value. Available in three flavours, Cranberry & Raspberry, Cranberry & Blueberry and Cranberry & Orange, the Ruby's drinks have no artificial sweeteners, colours and preservatives and are designed to be served chilled or as a mixer "with an edge."According to Britvic Ruby's are lightly carbonated with combined flavours in order to create an interesting and soft drink aimed at 18- to 40-year-old pub and club goers and trials have proven extremely successful across all ages and social groups."We understand the need to fulfil the demands of both consumer and customer in a rapidly changing on-trade market, led by females, the young, the family, the car and food," said Britvic's customer marketing controller for on-premise, Andrew Broadhurst.Ruby's retails at £1.35 in a 275ml bottle.Sarah Diston
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research