UK: Britvic launch - a soft drink "with an edge"
The UK's leading on-trade soft drinks company Britvic has widened the appeal of cranberry with the launch of its "adult tasting" fruit drink, Ruby's.In a market where soft drink consumption is on the increase, Britvic says Cranberry juice has jumped into the adult repertoire over the last three years with a 66% year-on-year growth in retail value. Available in three flavours, Cranberry & Raspberry, Cranberry & Blueberry and Cranberry & Orange, the Ruby's drinks have no artificial sweeteners, colours and preservatives and are designed to be served chilled or as a mixer "with an edge."According to Britvic Ruby's are lightly carbonated with combined flavours in order to create an interesting and soft drink aimed at 18- to 40-year-old pub and club goers and trials have proven extremely successful across all ages and social groups."We understand the need to fulfil the demands of both consumer and customer in a rapidly changing on-trade market, led by females, the young, the family, the car and food," said Britvic's customer marketing controller for on-premise, Andrew Broadhurst.Ruby's retails at £1.35 in a 275ml bottle.Sarah Diston
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report