UK: Britvic launch - a soft drink "with an edge"
The UK's leading on-trade soft drinks company Britvic has widened the appeal of cranberry with the launch of its "adult tasting" fruit drink, Ruby's.In a market where soft drink consumption is on the increase, Britvic says Cranberry juice has jumped into the adult repertoire over the last three years with a 66% year-on-year growth in retail value. Available in three flavours, Cranberry & Raspberry, Cranberry & Blueberry and Cranberry & Orange, the Ruby's drinks have no artificial sweeteners, colours and preservatives and are designed to be served chilled or as a mixer "with an edge."According to Britvic Ruby's are lightly carbonated with combined flavours in order to create an interesting and soft drink aimed at 18- to 40-year-old pub and club goers and trials have proven extremely successful across all ages and social groups."We understand the need to fulfil the demands of both consumer and customer in a rapidly changing on-trade market, led by females, the young, the family, the car and food," said Britvic's customer marketing controller for on-premise, Andrew Broadhurst.Ruby's retails at £1.35 in a 275ml bottle.Sarah Diston
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK