UK: Britvic appoints ex-Diageo executive to MD role
Simon Litherland is to join Britvic in the newly-created role of UK managing director
Ex-Diageo executive Simon Litherland is to join Britvic in the newly-created role of UK managing director.
Litherland will take up the role from 4 October, the UK soft drinks firm said today (19 September). He will also become a member of Britvic's group executive committee.
Britvic's chief executive, Paul Moody, said: "He brings a wealth of experience, having performed a similar role at Diageo. The creation of the post of a GB managing director is a step forward for Britvic, giving the GB business a tighter focus and allowing the group executive committee to concentrate on our strategy of growing internationally both through acquisitions and extending existing franchise agreements."
In part two of this month's four-part just-drinks management briefing, Richard Woodard continues to cast his eye over the rebranding process. What are the effects of a rebrand, and how broadly are tho...
I shifted my money off Bacardi's square today. For what it's worth, I don't think the firm is in the Beam Inc picture anymore....
There's a large and very prominently displayed sign at the entrance of Kavalan's visitor centre in their distillery at Yi-Lan, Taiwan. "The New Homeland of Whisky", it reads. Now, it would be easy to ...
Diageo has lined up a whisky and music festival at its Bushmills distillery in Northern Ireland this summer....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends