UK: Brewers push on with beer campaign despite TV ad ban - video
The group behind the UK's 'Let There Be Beer' campaign has vowed to push on with its mission to “reignite” the category despite the setback of a high-profile TV ad being banned.
The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) last week ruled that the ad, part of a campaign launched in June, must not be shown again. A single complaint came from Alcohol Concern's Youth Alcohol Advertising Council.
The ad, which featured various scenes of people drinking beer in difficult situations, was deemed by the ASA to imply that alcohol could contribute to a person's popularity and was a key element of social success.
"We made every effort to ensure that this advert was suitable for broadcast including close collaboration with the body responsible for pre-clearing TV ads, editing the script and storyboard in line with its feedback to ensure it was clear that the advert was celebrating what is great about the national drink," the group said in a statement.
"We are pleased that no consumers have complained about the advertisement. Indeed our research shows it was positively received, understood and enjoyed."
The statement added: “Let There Be Beer will therefore continue in its mission to reignite people’s love of beer, to celebrate the dedication and passion of brewers and pub landlords up and down the country, and ultimately, work to safeguard the future of the nation’s favourite alcoholic drink.”
Heineken Romania SA is expected to consolidate its leading position in beer by further investing in its production facilities and introducing new products. After a successful 2012 for its flavoured/mi...
In the UK, the Royal Society of Public Health has called for nutritional labels - including calories - to be placed on alcoholic drinks, in order to curb the country's growing obesity epidemic....
Synopsis Canadean's "Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations...
Synopsis Canadean's "Heineken N.V. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
Anheuser-Busch InBev’s deep geographical presence and extensive brand portfolio should make the company less susceptible to competitive challenges on a global platform. However, a more in-depth assess...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research