DENMARK: Brewers in Nordic alliance discussions
The possibility of a Nordic brewing alliance was revealed today when Danish brewer Bryggerigruppen admitted it was in talks with Norway's Borg Bryggerier Holding and Sweden's Spendrup Invest to acquire Norway's Hansa Borg Bryggerier ASA through a joint venture.
Borg Bryggerier Holding already holds 35% of Hansa Borg and has an option to buy another 59% currently held by institutional investors.
The joint venture to buy Hansa Borg is expected to be 25% owned by Bryggerigruppen, with Borg Bryggerier Holding owning 60%, leaving Spendrup Invest with 15%.
In a statement Bryggerigruppen said: "The purpose of an alliance is to create a strong Scandinavian market player in the brewery industry in order to promote competition in the Scandinavian market."
All three brewers are currently number two in their home markets after Carlsberg Breweries. Bryggerigruppen holds around 20% of the Danish beer market and 26% of the soft drink market.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- AB InBev raises SAB cash offer by GBP1 per share
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends