HOLLAND: Brewer Bavaria posts record volumes
Dutch brewer Bavaria has reported record annual beer volumes with the publication of its results for 2006.
Bavaria saw sales volumes reach 5.8m hectolitres last year, up 16% on the 5m hl the brewer sold in 2005.
Executive board president Peter Swinkels said Bavaria would look to target markets in South America, Eastern Europe and Asia as demand slows in Western Europe.
He said: "With a new license agreement with Moscow Efes Brewery, we are confident in successfully reaching our goal to stabilise Bavaria in the international beer market."
The brewer, based in the Dutch town of Lieshout, did not publish financial figures for 2006.
Nils S. Andersen has overseen something of a turnaround at Carlsberg since taking over as president and CEO in 1999 but he is determined to keep his and the company's feet on the ground. Dean Best met...
SABMiller has confirmed closure of its sale of a juice business in Latin America....
Heineken is to file an appeal against April's EUR219.3m (US$294.4m) fine from the European Commission....
SABMiller has strongly refuted claims that its Latin American unit Bavaria is supporting illegal paramilitaries in Colombia....
SABMiller has posted a lift in full-year earnings despite a "difficult year" in North America....
SABMiller plans to invest in its South American operations over the next five years due to a rise in sales volumes and profit growth potential in the region....
SABMiller has finally completed the sale of its Pepsi bottling operations in Costa Rica....
SABMiller's Colombian beer unit has been slapped with an antitrust probe in the country....
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014