UK: Brand Phoenix launches FirstCape Lions bottles after rugby link-up
Click through to view Brand Phoenix's new FirstCape packaging
Brand Phoenix has unveiled new packaging for its FirstCape Presidents Selection wines following a sponsorship deal with British and Irish Lions rugby.
The Lions “red tops” will feature on Chardonnay and Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon wines from next week, Brand Phoenix said today (14 December). The branding will appear on all FirstCape bottles throughout next year, the company said.
The company recently announced it will be the global sponsor of the British and Irish Lions 2013 Tour of Australia, due to kick off in June. Joint UK director of Brand Phoenix Greg Wilkins said the company has invested heavily in the partnership and has "significant plans for further promotion across all trading channels during the tour".
No financial details have been disclosed.
The Presidents Selection range is available in Morrisons supermarkets in the UK for GBP9.99 (US$16.10).
FirstCape is a joint-venture with five co-operative cellars and 200 supplying farms in the South African Cape’s Breede River Valley. Last year, Distell acquired a significant stake in UK-based distributor BrandPhoenix.
Alcoholic Drinks in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 201...
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK