Product Launch - US: Boston Beer Co's Angry Orchard Green Apple
Click through to view an image of the variant
Boston Beer Co's Angry Orchard Green Apple
Category - Hard cider, apple, 5% abv
Available - From this month
Location - Limited release, national launch planned in “early 2014”
Price - 6-packs SRP of US$7.99 - $9.99 (price varies by market)
Boston Beer Co has released details of a new year-round variant for its Angry Orchard cider range.
Angry Orchard Green Apple is initially being launched as a limited edition in the US, before a national roll-out early next year, the company said today (24 September). It coincides with the launch of another seasonal variant, Cinnful Apple, revealed last month.
"We searched for apples from specific regions in the US that share characteristics with European apple blends we've traditionally used, paying homage to our original cider-making techniques while introducing new and exciting hard ciders," said David Sipes, Angry Orchard's cider maker.
The US cider market is showing strong growth. Latest IRI data reveals that category sales were up 223% in the 13 weeks to mid-August, the company flagged.
In this, the final part of just-drinks' management briefing for January, Euromonitor takes a look at what the year ahead has in store for the global brewing industry....
When Ken Grossman co-founded Sierra Nevada Brewing Co 35 years ago, he had little expectation of the huge success the company would achieve. Today, it is the second largest craft brewer in the US, beh...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends