US: Boston Beer Co rolls out Angry Orchard Green Apple hard cider
Click through to view an image of the Green Apple variant
Boston Beer Co is rolling out the Green Apple variant of its Angry Orchard hard cider brand across the US.
The 5% abv variant, first given a limited release last September, will hit shelves nationwide this week, the company said today (4 March). The cider is described as having "a tart and bright character like a fresh green apple" and is the first year-round style of Angry Orchard hard cider made with American apples.
Boston Beer Co, famous for its Samuel Adams lager, launched the Angry Orchard brand in 2012 and is now the US' leading hard cider brand in the fast-growing category, according to IRI figures.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World