US: Boston Beer Co acquires Coney Island brand
The Boston Beer Co has bought the Coney Island brand from Shmaltz Brewing Company.
Shmaltz will continue to brew and sell Coney Island for two years under licence from Boston Beer subsidiary A&S Brewing Collaborative, Boston Beer said yesterday (26 August). Shmaltz’s founder, Jeremy Cowan, will also advise A&S on Coney Island matters for two years.
The deal, completed yesterday for an undisclosed fee, includes “some brewery equipment and other assets” related to the Coney Island brand, Boston Beer said.
Shmaltz has changed its name from Coney Island Brewing Company and retains the He'brew range of craft lagers, which includes the Messiah Nut Brown Ale and the Jewbelation.
Earlier this month Boston Beer Co reported that it had bounced back from a poor Q1 to post a healthy jump in first-half profits.
In this, the final part of just-drinks' management briefing for January, Euromonitor takes a look at what the year ahead has in store for the global brewing industry....
The analysts in this report forecast the Craft Beer market in the US to grow at a CAGR of 17.46 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the chan...
This report comprises of high level market research data on the United States beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight...
Comprising of textual analysis and data tables, this in-depth and exclusive country report from Canadean provides a comprehensive view of the cider industry structure including analysis and profiles o...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research