US: Boston Beer, City Brewing team up
The former Rolling Rock brewery in the US is set to start brewing Samuel Adams.
Boston Beer Co. confirmed yesterday (3 April) that it has signed an agreement with a subsidiary of City Brewing to brew some of its beer in Latrobe, Pennsylvania.
City Brewing completed the purchase of the brewery, which had previously been used to brew Rolling Rock, from InBev in September last year. InBev had sold the Rolling Rock brand to Anheuser-Busch in May last year for US$82m.
Boston Beer and City Brewing will begin work on upgrading the brewery to allow for the brewing of Samuel Adams. Brewing of Boston Beer products is expected to begin during the second quarter.
"This agreement gives us increased flexibility," said Martin Roper, president and CEO of Boston Beer. "We felt it was important that we arrange additional brewing capacity to augment what we can brew in our other brewing locations and provide security and flexibility of supply while we continue to review our long-term brewing strategy."
Boston Beer said it does not expect the agreement to have an impact on brewing operations at its other breweries in Boston and Cincinnati.
Boston Beer's investment in the brewery is expected to be between US$3m and $7m. The two parties are also discussing the potential of Boston Beer having an ownership interest in the brewing facility.
Anheuser-Busch has reshuffled its executive team, just-drinks understands....
The Czech Prime Minister has quelled speculation that his government is looking to privatise Budejovicky Budvar, according to local reports....
Molson Coors has usurped Anheuser-Busch in completing a five-year deal to become the official beer sponsor of NASCAR in the US....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has recruited a senior executive at InBev to head up its European group....
SABMiller has said that it expects the Chinese beer brand Snow, in which it owns a 49% share, to become the second biggest beer brand in the world this year....
SUN InBev has announced a new campaign of social advertising to help tackle drunk driving in Russia....
InBev has launched an on-trade promotion for the Beck's Vier brand in the UK aimed at tapping into the popularity of its Beck's Fusions music events....
InBev has unveiled a "revolutionary, cinematic" update of the global website for its Stella Artois brand....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends