UK/GERMANY: Borgmann 1772 herbal liqueur gets UK listing
Click through to view an image of the product
German drinks group Borgmann & Clausen’s herbal liqueur brand Borgmann 1772 is set to make its UK debut tomorrow (5 December).
The 39% abv liqueur, which has been available in Germany since 2006, has gained an initial listing at Gerry’s Wine and Spirits shop, in Soho, central London. It will be sold for GBP26 (US$42.53) for a 500ml bottle and will also be available through Gerry's website.
According to Borgmann & Clausen, the brand is "renowned (in Germany) for its sell-out limited edition bottles by artists in the fields of design, style and music".
“With the demand for Borgmann 1772 on the increase in the UK, we felt an iconic institution such Gerry’s was the perfect location for our first UK listing,” said Joern Clausen, MD of Berlin-based Borgmann & Clausen.
UK distribution of the product is being handled by London-based Marblehead Brand Development.
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Brewers of Europe recruits communications director
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research