THAILAND/UK: Boon Rawd lines up Singha Beer tie-up with Manchester United
A sponsorship deal with Manchester United will help Boon Rawd Trading International make its Singha brand one of England’s top Asian beers, the Thai company has told just-drinks.
The tie-up with the English Premiership side will see Singha become the only lager sold at its Old Trafford stadium. The Bangkok-based brewer anticipates sales of 20,000 bottles per match.
The deal, worth GBP2m (US$3.1m) annually for three years, will also see Singha hoardings appear pitch-side.
“It comes with the benefit of the visuals of the product as well as the legend of Manchester United,” said a Boon Rawd spokesman. “We are the only lager beer there.”
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Coca-Cola Co apologises over Fanta ad
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future