FRANCE: BNIC appoints new PR agencies in UK and Germany
The trade body for the Cognac industry has completed a review of its PR agencies in several export markets, with changes made in the UK and Germany following a tender process.
The Bureau National Interprofessionnel Cognac (BNIC) confirmed to just-drinks today (18 February) that London-based Phipps has replaced Accent Communications in the UK. Meanwhile, in Germany, David Echobichon Communications has been replaced, but the identity of the new representative will be confirmed later this month.
Sopexa has been re-appointed the BNIC's PR representative in the US, China and Russia, where the PR budgets benefit from EU and French state funding.
"We last issued a tender in the UK in 2005-2006 and Germany in 2008-2009 and thought it was time to renew and refresh the process of selecting a PR agency to represent us in these countries," a BNIC spokesperson told just-drinks.
All of the appointments are for three-year terms.
Figures released separately by the BNIC last week showed that Cognac shipments to China last month soared by 72% year-on-year in volume terms, thanks to a later-than-usual New Year in the country.
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research