USA: Blom Joins Chalone Wine Group as Chief Financial Officer
Most recently, Blom was Chief Financial Officer of Jackson Family Farms, a collection of small, premium wineries owned by Jess Jackson and family, owners of Kendall-Jackson. She joined the Jackson family as controller for Cambria Winery & Vineyard. Before joining the Jackson family, Blom was controller for Sanford Winery for two and a half years. A Certified Public Accountant, Blom worked at KPMG Peat Marwick for six years and at Bank of America as Manager of Accounting in Shareholder and Corporate Reporting. She also worked at Christensen & Drake as Audit and Accounting Manager before joining the wine industry. Blom is a graduate of University of California, Santa Barbara. She lives in Santa Rosa with her husband and two sons.
"Shawn knows the fine wine industry," said President and CEO Thomas B. Selfridge. "She has dealt with many of the challenges we face at Chalone Wine Group, plus she has the experience in public accounting we need as a public company. We're very pleased to have her join our team."
The Chalone Wine Group is a Napa-based company that produces, markets and sells premium white and red varietal table wines. In California, the company owns and operates Chalone Vineyard in Monterey County, Acacia Winery in the Carneros District of Napa County, Jade Mountain brand in Napa County, Carmenet Vineyard in Sonoma County and, in conjunction with its joint-venture partner, Paragon Vineyard Co., owns and operates Edna Valley Vineyard in San Luis Obispo County. Additionally, the company produces and markets wines of Central Coast appellation under the brand name Echelon Vineyards. In the State of Washington, the Company owns Sagelands Vineyard and a 51% interest in Canoe Ridge Vineyard. In the Bordeaux region of France, the company owns 24% of the fourth-growth estate of Chateau Duhart-Milon, in partnership with Domaines Barons de Rothschild (Lafite) who own the other 76%.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head