UK: Birra Moretti to launch summer ad campaign
Birra Moretti is lining up a big summer push
Heineken is set to launch a marketing campaign in the UK for its Birra Moretti Italian beer brand.
Ads will run in newspapers and magazines and Moretti will repeat its Pizza in the Piazza event, which will see the brand take over three key London squares. Heineken said late last week that the push will cost a seven-figure sum, but did not give specific details.
“We are dedicated to growing the market and responding to consumer demand,” said Birra Moretti UK senior brand manager James Woodman. “Our investment in a comprehensive campaign reflects that commitment.”
The Italian beer has been marketed and distributed by Heineken in the UK since 2005. The company said it is one of the fastest growing brands in the Heineken beer portfolio in the UK, with sales increasing by 37% in 2011 compared to the previous year.
The company said part of its success was last year's ad campaign featuring the Birra Moretti woman, who returns this year. The Pizza in the Piazza will see Italian chefs cooking pizza outdoors and vouchers handed to passersby. The company said it would release more details of the event soon.
Moretti is the official beer sponsor of celebrity chef Jamie Oliver’s The Big Feastival in September.
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research