Biog - Nick Blazquez, president of Diageo Africa
Nick Blazquez, president of Diageo Africa
Nick Blazquez is president of Diageo Africa. Prior to his appointment in August 2004, Nick held senior leadership positions with Diageo in developing markets, previously heading Diageo’s businesses in Asia. He joined the company in 1989 and held various roles within the company’s beer and spirits businesses.
Nick is vice chairman of East Africa Breweries Ltd and Guinness Nigeria plc, and is chairman of Seychelles Breweries Ltd. He is a member and the former chairman of Private Investors for Africa, a coalition of multinational companies investing in Africa’s infrastructure and social and economic development. Nick is also a board member of Mercy Corps, a global non-governmental organisation that aims to assist transitional societies.
Nick was educated at the University of Aberdeen and went on to be awarded a Ph.D in Physiology at Bristol University, where he subsequently lectured.
He is married with three children.
Correct as of 10 January, 2012.
In the whisky category, it would appear that, while the big are getting bigger, the small are getting... more proliferative. This month, Ian Buxton considers the boom in craft distillers and flags up ...
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team