AUS: Big brands will drive growth says Hardy boss
Australia's popular premium wine brands, big sellers such as Nottage Hill, Jacobs Creek, Yellow Tail, Lindemans Bin 65 and Banrock Station, will play a major part in export success for the next decade, David Woods, managing director of the Hardy Wine Company said today (1 August).
His prediction comes as a new campaign by the Australian Wine Export Council aims at getting consumers to try more expensive and niche wines.
Woods told a wine marketing conference in Adelaide that sales growth would be driven by the popular premiums even if that were not what the industry wanted.
As an example, Woods said, Australia had 22% of the British market by volume but only 8.8% of the super premium segment. Increasing it to 30% would entail extra sales of 100,000 cases "a very big mountain to climb."
Hardy is part of the US Constellation Brands.
A consortium led by Constellation Brands has made a tentative approach for Allied Domecq....
The Board of Directors of Constellation Brands, Inc. has declared a quarterly dividend on the company's 5.75% Series A Mandatory Convertible Preferred Stock, payable on 1 June, to shareholders of reco...
Constellation is expected to launch a counter-bid for Allied Domecq by the end of this month, according to press reports....
The Hardy Wine Company has posted a record grape harvest....
Constellation Brands is to launch a new Australian wine brand onto the US market through its North Lake Wines. The wine will be called Kelly's Revenge....
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
This weekend's press reports have thrown up two other interested parties in the potential Allied Domecq carve-up....
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research