News

POLAND: Bialystok D-Day has arrived

Most popular

Hard seltzers pave the way for 'soft seltzer'?

What will Coca-Cola Co's priorities be? - analysis

The rise of adaptogens in soft drinks

Constellation Brands in fiscal-2021 - preview

What will Heineken's future priorities be?

MORE

A decision on the three competing bids for Polmos Bialystok is expected today (25 May), according to press reports. News agency PAP said yesterday that the Polish Treasury Minister will look at the renewed bids for the vodka company and possibly sign a conditional sale agreement with a prospective investor.

The agency quoted Treasury Minister Jacek Socha saying: "We'll decide on Wednesday who gets exclusive bargaining rights for the purchase of Polmos Bialystok's shares. We want the last stage of the process to be transparent and not raise doubts. We proposed investors raise price (sic) for Polmos' shares and we're awaiting corrected offers on Wednesday."

The corrected offers will go to the tender commission for consideration on the same day, Socha added.

"If everything is technically fine, we'll be able to endorse a conditional sale agreement, subject to the approval from the Office for the Protection of Consumers and Competition (UOKiK)," Socha said.

Three companies are in the bidding for the 61% stake in Bialystok - Polmos Lublin, Sobieski Dystrybucja and Central European Distribution Corporation. The three were told earlier this week that their initial bids were too low. An IPO earlier this year for the other 39% of the vodka company raised PLN304m. The government is hoping to raise over PLN1bn from the sale of the vodka maker.


Sectors: Spirits

Related Content

Anheuser-Busch InBev releases chamoy version of Estrella Jalisco lager in US

Anheuser-Busch InBev releases chamoy version of Estrella Jalisco lager in US...

New Riff Distilling joins Kentucky race to expand Bourbon capacity

New Riff Distilling joins Kentucky race to expand Bourbon capacity...

If you read only one thing... - This week's must-reads on just-drinks

If you read only one thing... - This week's must-reads on just-drinks...

Pernod Ricard unveils first Jameson Global Travel Retail store

Pernod Ricard unveils first Jameson Global Travel Retail store...

Oops! This article is copy protected.

Why can’t I copy the text on this page?

The ability to copy articles is specially reserved for people who are part of a group membership.

How do I become a group member?

To find out how you and your team can copy and share articles and save money as part of a group membership call Sean Clinton on
+44 (0)1527 573 736 or complete this form..



Forgot your password?