FRANCE: Belvedere's Marie Brizard to shed 56 wine staff
Belvedere will cut around 50 jobs from its Moncigale unit
The wine division of Belvédère-owned Marie Brizard has informed its works council of plans to cut 56 posts from a total workforce of 206.
The job losses, announced late last week, will come from Moncigale's bottling business for supermarkets' private label brands, which has been loss-making for some time. Both Marie Brizard and Moncigale are re-focusing their activities on their own brand labels.
Provision was made for the cutbacks at Moncigale in a rescue package for Belvedere that was approved by the commercial court of Nîmes earlier this year.
The majority of the workers affected by the job losses are expected to accept voluntary redundancy, largely through retirement.
Last month, Oaktree Capital Management relinquished its entire stake in Belvédère, after it became the company's major shareholder with a 38.09% holding.
French drinks group Belvédère has appointed Jean-Noël Reynaud as its next CEO....
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Coca-Cola Co promotes North America chief
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets