FRANCE: Belvedere net profit falls in 2003
Belvedere has announced a drop in net profit for 2003. The French wine and spirits retailer has posted a 15% year-on-year fall to €8.4m, although the result was in line with the company's expectations.
The company attributed the dip to the expansion of its subsidiaries in Bulgaria, Lithuania and Russia.
In February, Belvedere posted full year sales for 2003 up by 61% to €351.8m (US$450.8m) compared to 2002. Operating profit for last year hit €7.5m.
The company has set a target increase of 10% for sales volumes in 2004.
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends