UK: Beer campaign group poaches Accolade Wines exec
The campaign launched last July
A former Accolade Wines and Diageo executive has been appointed to lead a campaign promoting beer in the UK.
David Cunningham, who has been CMO at Accolade for the past three years, will head up the ‘Let There Be Beer’ campaign as programme director, it was announced today (18 February). The campaign, which launched last July, is using TV ads, celebrity tie-ups and social media in a bid get British drinkers to “rediscover” beer.
The project is backed by all the major global brewers operating in the UK: Heineken, SABMiller, Carlsberg, Anheuser-Busch InBev and Molson Coors.
Cunningham, who has also held roles at Constellation Brands and Moet Hennesssy, is charged with leading the “next stage” of the campaign’s development, which include “ambitious” plans for 2014, the group said in a statement.
“I’ll be building on the campaign success to date and working hard in partnership with the whole beer industry to create a consumer campaign that reignites the nation's love of beer in all its glorious forms,” said Cunningham.
The campaign suffered a setback in December when a TV ad for the initiative was banned by the UK’s Advertising Standards Authority.
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research