UK: Beer campaign group poaches Accolade Wines exec
The campaign launched last July
A former Accolade Wines and Diageo executive has been appointed to lead a campaign promoting beer in the UK.
David Cunningham, who has been CMO at Accolade for the past three years, will head up the ‘Let There Be Beer’ campaign as programme director, it was announced today (18 February). The campaign, which launched last July, is using TV ads, celebrity tie-ups and social media in a bid get British drinkers to “rediscover” beer.
The project is backed by all the major global brewers operating in the UK: Heineken, SABMiller, Carlsberg, Anheuser-Busch InBev and Molson Coors.
Cunningham, who has also held roles at Constellation Brands and Moet Hennesssy, is charged with leading the “next stage” of the campaign’s development, which include “ambitious” plans for 2014, the group said in a statement.
“I’ll be building on the campaign success to date and working hard in partnership with the whole beer industry to create a consumer campaign that reignites the nation's love of beer in all its glorious forms,” said Cunningham.
The campaign suffered a setback in December when a TV ad for the initiative was banned by the UK’s Advertising Standards Authority.
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review