S AFRICA: Beckmanns bump Diageo, Heineken JV for Jose Cuervo distribution
Edward Snell & Co will handle Jose Cuervo Especial Silver, Especial Reposado and Black in Southern Africa
Cape Town-based Edward Snell confirmed earlier today (1 July) that it has taken over distribution as of this week. Cuervo's owner, the Beckmann family, has been appointing replacement local distributors after talks with Diageo over a renewal of their existing agreement collapsed late last year.
Having reportedly recruited Gruppo Zamora in Spain earlier this year, the Beckmanns have employed Think Spirits in Australia, while Proximo Spirits, which is owned by the family, will handle sales in the UK, Ireland, Canada and the US.
“The opportunity to grow Jose Cuervo’s share of the market and Tequila-drinking occasions in Southern Africa is an exciting challenge,” said Edward Snell's MD, Iain Hooper.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Heineken has announced the appointment of Loïc Latour to the post of president of its French distribution subsidiary, France Boissons....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends