UK: Beam pushes chilled Harveys in UK
The UK arm of Beam Global Spirits and Wine is lining up a promotion for its Harveys sherry.
Beam UK confirmed late last week that it will invest around GBP1m (US$1.94m) to push Harveys as a sherry that can be served chilled.
The campaign, entitles 'Harveys: For Chilled Out Occasions', kicks off at the end of next month and targets women in their thirties. The programme will run throughout the year, incorporating PR, sampling & on-pack activity, supporting both on- and off-trade customers.
"As the number one sherry in the UK we have a responsibility to bring sherry into the 21st century," said Beam UK category marketing manager for fortified wines, Lucy Sewell.
"It's an exciting and ambitious challenge for a drink that still has a somewhat traditional image. The campaign aims to grow the category of drinkers between 35-49 year-olds."
In this month's Just the Answer interview, managing director of Beam UK Adrian McKeon spoke with Olly Wehring about the future of the Maxxium partnership, Beam’s relationship with the notoriously hard...
Beam's acquisition of Teacher's and Laphroaig may not have attracted as much attention as some other elements of the Allied Domecq sell-off but as Michael Cockram, Scotch brand director at Beam Global...
Pernod Ricard's annual results briefing last week suggested the company has consigned the Allied Domecq deal to history. No more talk of bedding down and integration. The emphasis was firmly on the fu...
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has added two new super-premium Scotch whiskies to its Laphroaig Islay single malt range in the UK....
Fortune Brands has increased its annual dividend payment....
Fortune Brands has posted a slight fall in net income for its second quarter....
Maxxium Worldwide has appointed Beam Global's managing director to the position of board chairman....
Maxxium has realigned the regional reporting responsibilities for its board of directors....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- AB InBev raises SAB cash offer by GBP1 per share
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends