Product Launch - US: Beam Inc's Cruzan Velvet Cinn
Click through to view the new Cruzan Velvet Cinn
Beam Inc's Cruzan Velvet Cinn
Category - Spirits, rum, horchata, Caribbean, 15% abv
Available - From last month
Location - US, nation-wide
Price - SRP of US$19.99 per 75cl
Distribution – Beam Inc
Beam Inc has launched an extension to its Cruzan rum portfolio in the US that is sweetened with cream and cinnamon.
Cruzan Velvet Cinn is targeted at the “rapidly-growing” rum horchata market, Beam said last week. Horchata is a popular milk drink in Latin America flavoured with cinnamon, sugar or vanilla.
A Cruzan spokesperson said Velvet Cinn “fills a need in the marketplace for a premium cream rum liqueur”.
In April, Beam launched Cruzan Key Lime Rum and Cruzan Passion Fruit Rum extensions.
Global market review of rum – forecasts to 2017
For a category that sells around 146.4m cases annually, it may seem unusual to characterise Rum as a relatively unexploited opportunity. Indeed it is already a diverse and eclectic category with a wid...read more
The third part of this month's management briefing, in which Euromonitor considers the year ahead for the global drinks industry, sees Jeremy Cunnington and Spiros Malandrakis look at the spirits cate...
Beam, as the world’s fourth largest international spirits company and seventh largest overall, should be in a strong position. In some ways it is, however, it suffers from a large proportion of its vo...
Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but something about Beam Inc's tie-up with actor Mila Kunis sits a little uncomfortably with me....
Over the last 10 years RTD's as a category may not have grown at anywhere near the level it did between 1998 and 2003 but it has, nevertheless enjoyed steady global growth. This reality flies in the f...
Just before January is out, Ian Buxton is here for his first comment piece of 2014, and he's keen to consider what the fist big M&A transacion of the year will mean in the Scotch whisky industry....
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....
We've all had a chance to sleep on the big news from Monday, so how do things look in the clarity of the morning?...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report