Product Launch - TRAVEL RETAIL: Beam Inc's Courvoisier Le Voyage de Napoleon
Click through to view Beam Inc's Courvoisier Le Voyage de Napoleon range
Beam Inc's Courvoisier Le Voyage de Napoleon
Category - Spirits, Cognac, 40% abv
Available - From early next year
Location - Global Travel Retail
Price - Info not yet available
Beam Inc has launched a new range for its Courvoisier Cognac brand, named after the former French leader Napoleon Bonaparte. Le Voyage de Napoleon is a collection of VS, VSOP and XO Cognac that targets the growing trend for luxury spirits in the travel retail sector, Beam said today (23 October).
Yesterday, Beam announced a revamped blend for the VSOP variant of its core Courvoisier range.
Beam Inc is launching an exclusive travel retail range from Courvoisier entitled Le Voyage de Napoleon, a collection of the brand’s renowned VS, VSOP and XO cognacs presented in new, luxurious packaging that highlights the quality, heritage and craftsmanship of the range.
Designed to appeal to modern, discerning consumers whilst tapping into the growing trend towards luxury products, the new range provides an exclusive offering and a perfect gifting solution for today’s travellers.
Available from early 2013, Courvoisier Le Voyage de Napoleon has been inspired by one of the most famous travellers in history. The collection features a distinctive and opulent packaging design inspired by the journeys of the French conqueror, a figure intrinsically linked to Courvoisier’s rich, pioneering heritage. It celebrates the star that Napoleon called upon for luck at the start of each battle, a symbol which later became central to the design of the Légion d’Honneur, the French military order established by Napoleon.
Beam’s international marketing manager EMEA, Nina Knezevic says: “We are confident that Courvoisier Le Voyage de Napoleon will appeal to the world’s discerning drinkers as it offers Courvoisier loyalists a unique set of our key expressions across the price range, exclusive to this market.”
Beam’s EMEA travel retail business manager, Antony Kime says: “Travel retail is a unique and important channel for Courvoisier and provides a great platform to showcase the brand to a global audience. Many travel retail customers look for premium brands with a point of difference to those found in domestic markets as they make the perfect luxury gift, so it is essential that we cater for this demand.”
Courvoisier has been passionately handcrafting the finest cognac since the reign of Napoleon more than 200 years ago and encapsulates this rich heritage and expertise with a world-class luxury spirit. Courvoisier is the only cognac house in the world to be awarded The Prestige de la France – the highest accolade for quality in France.
Legend has it that Napoleon held Courvoisier in such high regard that he chose it as one of his luxury items when sent into exile. Since then, the title ‘The Cognac of Napoleon’ has proudly adorned each bottle to this day
The new Le Voyage de Napoleon collection will be showcased at TFWA Cannes on 22-26 October 2012 at the Maxxium Travel Retail stand, Green Village M53.
Original source: Company Release
In this month's management briefing, Ben Cooper looks at the alcoholic drinks industry's attempts to reduce alcohol harm and promote responsible consumption. Part one of this four-part briefing consid...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends