US: Beam Inc to open new distribution site next year
Beam Inc plans to build a major new spirits distribution centre in Kentucky.
Work on the 600,000 square-foot facility, in Franklin County, is expected to start late next month with completion due for the end of this year. The site is slated to open by March 2015 and employ around 60 people.
Total spend on the facility was not disclosed.
"With two-thirds of Beam's total spirits case volume being produced in Kentucky, having our new Beam long-term distribution facility in close proximity to our production will help us gain increased efficiencies in our supply chain," said David Hunter, Beam's vice president of global manufacturing.
Beam is likely to be under new owners by the time the site opens as Japanese group Suntory has agreed to acquire the Jim Beam producer for US$16bn, it was announced earlier this month.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research