US: Beam Inc to build Kentucky distribution centre
Beam is investing again in Kentucky
Beam Inc has unveiled plans to build a new 600,000-square-foot distribution centre near its Kentucky bottling plant.
The Frankfort facility will open in early 2015 and deal exclusively in Beam's own-label brands, the company said yesterday (1 August). Total spend on the project has not been disclosed.
Beam said the centre will be “in close proximity” to its Frankfort production plant, which bottles more than 12m of the around 21m cases Beam produces each year. The centre will also double as a warehouse for Beam products before they are shipped to distributors and other partners for sale in the US and globally.
It will be managed by a third-party operator, to be chosen next year, Beam said.
David Hunter, Beam's VP of global manufacturing, said that since 2008 Beam’s volume at its Frankfort bottling plant has more than doubled, while two-thirds of Beam’s annual global volume is produced out of its Kentucky facilities.
The new facility is the latest Beam investment in Kentucky. Last month, the Maker's Mark producer opened a business centre in Louisville and last year cut the ribbon on an innovation centre, also in Louisville.
The third part of this month's management briefing, in which Euromonitor considers the year ahead for the global drinks industry, sees Jeremy Cunnington and Spiros Malandrakis look at the spirits cate...
Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but something about Beam Inc's tie-up with actor Mila Kunis sits a little uncomfortably with me....
Just before January is out, Ian Buxton is here for his first comment piece of 2014, and he's keen to consider what the fist big M&A transacion of the year will mean in the Scotch whisky industry....
We've all had a chance to sleep on the big news from Monday, so how do things look in the clarity of the morning?...
What end of the M&A stick is Stock Spirits holding? Will we see the company making buys this year, or will it be bought itself?...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends