US: Beam Inc ramps up 2 Gingers distribution
Beam bought 2 Gingers in December
Beam Inc is to extend distribution of its Irish whiskey brand, 2 Gingers, into nine new US states this year.
The brand, which Beam bought last December, will be available in 19 states after the rollout, Beam said this week without disclosing a timetable. “The response fans have had to 2 Gingers thus far has been remarkable and I'm thrilled to bring it to new markets,” said 2 Gingers founder and COO Kieran Folliard.
The new markets are: Indiana, Louisiana, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas and Washington.
2 Gingers is already available in Iowa, Illinois, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Massachusetts, Minnesota, South Dakota and Wisconsin.
The brand is produced in Ireland's Kilbeggan Distilling Company, which Beam bought in January last year.
Following a flurry of activity in the Tequila sector last month, has Diageo finally returned to the point it had previously reached when it handled Jose Cuervo? Richard Woodard compares then to now....
The flavoured vodka category has been a growth engine of the spirits sector for some time, but new research from just-drinks suggests that the sub-category no longer represents the easy route to growt...
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US