UK: Beam Inc hands Cooley distribution to Maxxium UK
Cooley's whiskey brands will move to Maxxium in the UK next week
The company, which jointly-owns the Maxxium distribution, marketing and sales entity with the Edrington Group, said earlier today (27 June) that Maxxium UK will handle Cooley's Irish whiskey portfolio in the country from next month. The division will start to distribute Cooley's Kilbeggan, Connemara, Tyrconnell and Greenore Irish whiskey brands from 2 July.
“I would like to thank the team at Eaux de Vie for their hard work,” said Stephen Teeling, senior global marketing manager for Cooley at Beam. They have played a key role in the success of our brands over recent years.
“Now, as part of the Beam portfolio, we … welcome the partnership with the UK’s leading whisky distributor, Maxxium UK.”
London-based Eaux de Vie, which positions itself as an importer of “very special” spirits, also distributes Glenfarclas Scotch and Heaven Hill's Bourbon range in the UK.
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read interviews on just-drinks in 2012....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Brown-Forman launches brand nutrition website
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers