UK: Beam Inc hands Cooley distribution to Maxxium UK
Cooley's whiskey brands will move to Maxxium in the UK next week
The company, which jointly-owns the Maxxium distribution, marketing and sales entity with the Edrington Group, said earlier today (27 June) that Maxxium UK will handle Cooley's Irish whiskey portfolio in the country from next month. The division will start to distribute Cooley's Kilbeggan, Connemara, Tyrconnell and Greenore Irish whiskey brands from 2 July.
“I would like to thank the team at Eaux de Vie for their hard work,” said Stephen Teeling, senior global marketing manager for Cooley at Beam. They have played a key role in the success of our brands over recent years.
“Now, as part of the Beam portfolio, we … welcome the partnership with the UK’s leading whisky distributor, Maxxium UK.”
London-based Eaux de Vie, which positions itself as an importer of “very special” spirits, also distributes Glenfarclas Scotch and Heaven Hill's Bourbon range in the UK.
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read interviews on just-drinks in 2012....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015