US: Beam Inc eyes growth with Southern Wine & Spirits posting
Beam says it is focused on growth
Beam Inc is sending one of its sales managers to Southern Wine & Spirits of America (SWSA) to head up the multi-state distributor's Beam portfolio.
Tony Truzzolino will become senior VP of sales for Beam at SWSA, effective 1 May, the two companies announced today (8 April). Truzzolino was previously Beam's general sales manager for its southern unit.
“(Tony will work) directly with us to ensure focused prioritisation and results on our existing brands and new innovations as we drive accelerated growth throughout the country,” president of Beam North America, Bill Newlands, said.
Steve Bjeldanes will take over Truzzolino's current post, where he will be responsible for driving sales growth in states where Beam and SWSA partner.
Newlands said the appointments make Beam “well positioned for future growth in North America”.
Beam and SWSA have linked up before, including in a a "long-term" exclusive distribution agreement in Iowa last year.
The UK division of Beam Inc is set to launch the biggest "through the line" campaign for its Sourz liqueur brand in the country, centred around a TV advert....
Fledgling New Zealand spirits group Stolen Rum is upping its focus on Australia after signing a distribution deal with Beam Inc. ...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends