US: Beam Inc eyes growth with Southern Wine & Spirits posting
Beam says it is focused on growth
Beam Inc is sending one of its sales managers to Southern Wine & Spirits of America (SWSA) to head up the multi-state distributor's Beam portfolio.
Tony Truzzolino will become senior VP of sales for Beam at SWSA, effective 1 May, the two companies announced today (8 April). Truzzolino was previously Beam's general sales manager for its southern unit.
“(Tony will work) directly with us to ensure focused prioritisation and results on our existing brands and new innovations as we drive accelerated growth throughout the country,” president of Beam North America, Bill Newlands, said.
Steve Bjeldanes will take over Truzzolino's current post, where he will be responsible for driving sales growth in states where Beam and SWSA partner.
Newlands said the appointments make Beam “well positioned for future growth in North America”.
Beam and SWSA have linked up before, including in a a "long-term" exclusive distribution agreement in Iowa last year.
The UK division of Beam Inc is set to launch the biggest "through the line" campaign for its Sourz liqueur brand in the country, centred around a TV advert....
Fledgling New Zealand spirits group Stolen Rum is upping its focus on Australia after signing a distribution deal with Beam Inc. ...
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery