AUS: Beam Inc confirms unit restructure, silent on staff exit reports
Beam's Australian unit has been conducting an organisational "review"
Beam Inc has confirmed that it is carrying out a restructure of its Australian unit to make the business more “agile”.
In a statement to just-drinks today (17 January), the company said the unit had “recently” reviewed its “organisational structure”. “As a result of this review, the Australia business is realigning its organisation to become more agile, closer to the needs of customers and consumers, and even better positioned to win in the marketplace,” the statement said.
A spokesperson for the company, which is in the process of being acquired by Suntory, declined to comment on a report in Australian on-trade publication The Shout that “several employees” had been told this week they were being laid-off as part of the review.
The statement added: “We have no individual personnel announcements to make.”
Beam's brands are handled by Coca-Cola Amatil in Australia.
In its last set of financial results, the Illinois-headquartered group reported a 10% drop in net sales for its Asia-Pacfic/South America regional unit for the nine months to September 2013.
Earlier this week, it was announced that Beam has agreed a deal to be acquired by Japanese group Suntory for US$16bn.
In its statement today, Beam said: “This review (in Australia) was undertaken in the ordinary course of business, and is unrelated to the proposed transaction announced this week.”
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read comment pieces written by our regular columnists on j...
Coca-Cola Amatil Limited (CCL) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled...
Suntory’s surprise takeover of Beam in April 2014 has created the world’s sixth biggest spirits company. Although not currently showing in Euromonitor International data, this profile will look at Sun...
Canadean's "Suntory Holdings Limited: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a compa...
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Scotch Whisky Top 20 Export Markets 2014
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Moet Hennessy sells Scotch Malt Whisky Society
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly