US: Beam Inc boosts Iowa reach with new distribution deal
Beam Inc is aiming to boost its presence in Iowa with the deal
Beam Inc is aiming to expand its reach in Iowa after signing a "long-term" exclusive distribution agreement with Southern Wine & Spirits of America (SWS).
As of tomorrow (August 1), SWS will take responsibility as Beam's broker throughout Iowa, Beam announced yesterday (30 July). SWS is already the broker for Beam in 15 other US "control" states and has full distribution agreements with the spirits firm in 30 states.
“Iowa is an important market for Beam because it truly represents the heartland of this country and is a great growth opportunity for many of our brands,” said Bill Newlands, president of Beam North America.
He added: “Southern Wine & Spirits is the right partner to help us drive this accelerated growth."
Beam Inc reported a strong start to it financial year in May, with profits up 17% to US$131.m.
In this, the third part of Euromonitor International's preview of the year ahead, senior alcoholic drinks analysts Jeremy Cunnington and Spiros Malandrakis turn their attention to the global spirits c...
While there has been huge focus in the spirits sector on emerging markets in recent years, a new report from Euromonitor International suggests prioritising development in these up-and-coming regions ...
The world's largest spirits groups are continuing to increase their share of the global spirits market, a new report from Euromonitor International has found....
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages